Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Nice spots

These are from the late 90's, I'd guess. KRON in San Francisco, before they became an independent.

Not your typical promo, let me know what you think!





The second spot is my favorite of the two.

I'm a big fan of this music and VO guy. The script may be a little over the top for today's world... but I like that it is subtle. And I have to admit - I stole a couple of those lines for a spot I did years ago. I am not proud... but it was too good to pass up!

I agree with several of you about the NY spots below - I think the 4 New York spots are too slick. But I think these KRON spots are pretty good and the visuals are very layered with localism without being over the top.(maybe a couple of shots - that's it)

What do you guys think?

2 comments:

Promoboy said...

Two of my all time favorites. I agree with you on the second one being a little better.

I always wanted to know who the voice guy is. Also who did the music.

Fantastic copy I've also tried to "imitate."

b-rad said...

WOWT in Omaha has a promo spot that has almost identical copy, exact same music, but local video clips. Great promo for a great Omaha news channel.

I have been wondering about the music too.