Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Vintage spots and a word about the promos below

I heard from Paul Greeley today - who wanted to comment on the morning promo I posted earlier today.

Paul's a great guy and offered this bit of information:

Don,

I just wanted to point out that that many of the spots done by WPVI (and WABC, WLS, KABC, etc) are the brain child of a company called New York Communications and its owner, Mike Davis. I worked for Mike in the late 80’s and wrote many of the promos that were done then and that are done today. Not many folks know about the work of NYC, but they should. The morning spot you have on the site looks like a spot I wrote for WTNH called Personal Weatherman way back when. While I couldn’t find that particular spot in a movie file I could e-mail you, attached are two spots done by NYC, the Home Movies spot being one of the most syndicated news promo ever done. Mike Davis can be reached at nycomm1@comcast.net.

Here are the two spots Paul sent along:






Paul is currently the Director of Marketing at KWTV. Thanks Paul for sharing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Does Paul ever miss an opportunity to promote....


...himself?

:)