Monday, November 12, 2007

Jump!


When I worked in Houston, I got to work with former President Bush twice. What a great guy. No matter how you feel about politics or his son - he was charming and nice each time.

To be honest, the first time I worked with the President(and his wife Barbara) - I was making up a project to do so. The Superbowl was coming to Houston and since they live in H-town - I wrote a promo for them to read. It worked out great and it was very cool meeting them.

The next time was even better, as the station was doing a "day of sharing" following the Tsunami in Southeast Asia. His people made sure we all got photographed with the president and he even signed my script "Don, Brilliant text! George Bush 41"

Now I know its silly - but I really enjoyed working with him. Its a great feeling having the President read your words.

And today, I see this picture of 41.

Any president that's that old that still SKY DIVES?!?!!!!!!! is ok by me.


Have you had the chance to meet someone cool because of work? Tell us all about it.

1 comment:

Promogirl said...

I have to admit my politics are a bit different but I've always respected the guy. Sounds like I have additional reasons to continue to do so. A script autographed by the prez is pretty cool.

I've met Colts players like Peyton Manning, Dallas Clark and Bob Sanders. I've also met coach Dungy. Then there was the time Rachel Ray was in town to launch her show and we did some spots with her. I'd have to say that's about it in the "working with celebrities" department.