Monday, January 14, 2008

Interesting Promo Kinda Thingy

Ok, I hate when I have to give the competition credit... but this is kinda cool. The station is doing a showing of the new movie "Cloverfield"(which I can't wait to see!)...

This is a well done, well produced piece - I assume maybe for the night of the showing or maybe they'll air it.

They had a lot of fun with it - which I always appreciate. And according to our local tv critic, the director called and said how much he liked it.

"He basically said he hadn't laughed that hard in ages," Weber(the morning anchor) said Monday. "He said it was so humbling to have someone appreciate what he did. He was great."




Hope you enjoy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw this yesterday on TVspy. I have to admit that I had no idea what it was about until I saw the actually movie trailer for "Cloverfield." Excellent parody. I think it's too long for air (except maybe overnights). They'll definetly show it during the screening. But, that leads the question--was it worth the expense? Probably not, but I'm sure it helps with morale. It must be nice to do something "fresh."

Anonymous said...

I'm guessing this was for the holiday party...

Promogirl said...

The production value on this was really impressive. I also admire the staff for going all in on this one. They did a great job. I'm jealous. It looks like they had a blast.

Please let us know what they wind up doing with it. I'd be curious to know.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the kudos guys! We took the original teaser trailer and used the news element to make something fun for our new movie series. The director (Matt Reeves) gave me a call last Thursday to say he loved it; which was slightly unexpected; surreal even. We are showing it on the big screen this Friday in front of our showing of "Cloverfield" and have edited up a quick pop version to tease during our shows. Thanks again!

EW