Wednesday, April 8, 2009

WKMG Orlando

This is from my former competitor in Orlando. They do some pretty good work. Here is some of the good(and the bad) from this Post Newsweek station:



I really like this promo... nicely done. It does reminds me of a promo I did for the same exact subject - back in 1996.



I didn't like this one. Its so... FORCED. Scripted. I like the idea of two people talking about a story - but when its filled with promo language, it just doesn't work for me. I will say though that Pippitone has been awesome on this story though -- I still follow it from here. One hell of a story and his reporting has been great.



Count the cliches! 'Nuff said.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I lost count. This promo could be a reason why some stations are turning over the news marketing to the news dept. And I don't mean to insult any news dept, as I'm sure most nearly any news dept could do better than this.
Paul Greeley
pgreeley98@aol.com

BenT - the unbeliever said...

I swear the last promo sounds the way my ND writes and believes promos should sound.

It's nice if your promo dept is large enough and important enough to be autonomous, but further down the ladder, you get folded into the news department and have to stifle your opinions.

Huss said...

Loved the first one, but the other two... ugh. Granted, we're all guilty of using those tired cliches, myself included, but it's just a bit too much in this one.