Then it’s time to apply to WMAR ABC2! The traditional ways of TV marketing are dead. You know it, we know it. So join a progressive, forward thinking company that is changing with the times!
WMAR ABC2, the E.W. Scripps owned ABC affiliate in Baltimore, MD (market #27) has an immediate opening for an experienced, news hungry preditor to join our award winning Creative Services team! If you understand how to grab an audience with compelling copy, live and breathe creative marketing, and have strong Final Cut and After Effects experience, we want to hear from you asap.
In this full time position you will write, produce, edit and design effective daily news topical and brand image spots for both on-air and new media. You won’t just produce spots, you’ll market ideas across all platforms. This is not an entry level position, previous experience writing news topicals is essential.
If you are ready to take the next step in your career, and thrive on the creative process, apply today. Applications without a link to work samples will be tossed into a dark void, never to be seen again. (Did we mention a sense of humor helps?)
- Write, produce, and edit daily topicals, special report promos and PSA’s.
- Quickly recognize and defend highly promotable news topics.
- Must be a team player who will take the initiative without supervision to improve on-air production.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven, and creative environment.
- Ability to learn and adjust to new television and web technology.
- Assist in social media promotional efforts.
- Periodically assist in promotional events.
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Creative Services.
- A master of news promo copywriting, able to quickly turn topicals.
- Minimum of two years experience as a Creative Services Writer/Producer/Editor.
- Solid experience and knowledge of Final Cut Pro and After Effects.
- Be able to work well under tight deadlines both independently and with groups.
- College degree from an accredited College or University with a focus on Journalism, Design, New Media, Marketing, Television, Mass Communications, or related field.
- Able to work a flexible schedule.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
Head here to apply: