Thursday, December 27, 2007

New WCBS Spots

I hope everyone had a very nice Christmas. I'm still on vacation... enjoying every minute of it!

I ran across this promo from WCBS today. Not sure what I think of it - I'm not sure I get the point. There is lots of historical footage - but none from WCBS themself. There is no "we've covered it all through the years" theme - just generic, emotion button pushing. Hmmm... beautiful spot but what does it tell me about WCBS?



Thoughts?

UPDATE:

Here is another that I find just freakin' creepy. Check out the shot right after the text "heartbreaking endings"...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Hey.. you! Reporter in the back! I can't see your teeth! Now smile dammit! HARDER! SMILE!!"

Anonymous said...

The best thing about the spot was the production values.

The smiles were definitely overkill and that's what is stuck in my mind after watching.

Promogirl said...

I kept thinking of Don Henley's Dirty Laundry with this one. Creepy is an understatement.