Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Morning Promo: We're In Your House!

I've seen several variations of this promo... where the morning show talent are in the home with a viewer, giving them information, letting them know they'll need an umbrella, etc...

I was wondering though, where did that start? Here is a promo from WPVI in Philadelphia that may very well have started it all - but I have no idea.



KCNC in Denver did a very funny parody... which can be found here:



It can be found about 2:20 in. (Thanks qunewsguy for the info)

Anyone have any other fun, creative morning show promotion?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is one of the better examples. I've seen some really bad ones.

I don't think I've ever seen WCCO's version, but would like to.

Anonymous said...

WRAL had one of these a couple years ago.

Anonymous said...

Well my favorite take on this comes from KCNC in Denver. The perfect antithesis to the WPVI promo.

The spot hits at around 2:20.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sFc4Pdvzzo

Anonymous said...

Good stuff from Denver. It must be nice to be able to do "different."

Anonymous said...

Here's one I did years ago.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NR2HH56nS-Y