Saturday, April 26, 2008

Banner Day for IDOPROMOZ

Yesterday was one of the biggest days for the blog. The most visitors ever in one day.

I'm sure a lot of it has to do with the WCCO promos. It makes me wonder, it causes such a "controversy" between all us primo folk. We're so used to seeing topicals one way - and to see another style kindof freaks a lot of people out!

But who's to say the naysayers are right? We are NOT, I repeat NOT, normal viewers. We know what we like but our views are so jaded, I don't think our opinion is pure anymore.

I really like these promos - but wonder, in all the clutter that is TV, do people really stop and pay attention to these? Also - are they perfect for the market but completely wrong for others? I'd guess that could be true. I invite you to show these to friends and people in accounting, etc. Lets listen to the "real world"...

I've added a couple more here. And hey, even though your opinion is as tainted as 3-week-old milk "accidentally" left in the bottom drawer of that jackass of a coworker's desk, please feel free to vote in the online poll.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool and Stylish? Yes. Effective? Not so sure.

Step away from the iStock shots and nobody gets hurt. Seriously. Use some story specific footage already.

They cut through the clutter by being different. I think the graphics are really nice. But they're just like any topical: if the promise is compelling, I want to watch. It's just that so few of these have a compelling promise, and I'm left feeling like I've taken a valium to chase down a xanax.

I'm not on a high horse. I've done crappy topicals that DIDN'T look this cool.

I'd like to see if any of these actually helped them spike the numbers at all. My guess is no. But they sure got us talking, which may just be because we (or our GM's) don't have the cojones to try something like this.