Monday, May 19, 2008

New WCBS Weather Spots

Check out the summer editions of this series of spots.













Although these spots present some interesting information in a clean, concise way - I'm still not a fan. They seem a little frivolous and silly for my taste and I wonder if New Yorkers feel the same.

I wish I had access to some great weather spots done by WBZ, which were similar but much more clever. If anyone has them - let me know, I'd love for everyone to see them as well.

As always - share your comments below!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I liked em. I didn't get a Doppler 8000 thrust down my throat, and I even learned a bit about butterflies.

Clean, fun GPX look. Adequate acting by the talent. Plus, a subtle but strong message that the WX has got there back when the $h1t hits the fan...

But seriously, I'd watch just to see the blond. She was infomative...yet stimulating :)

Anonymous said...

WCCO did some spots like this. KPIX did a morning campaign like it...including the white seamless. Click my name to see them.

But those were better than this because they drew me in and made me feel connected to the talent...like I was in on the joke somehow.

The factoids aren't compelling enough. The concept doesn't elicit enough of an emotional response or make me feel like an insider.

Coulda been much better.

Anonymous said...

Nice production value with the animations. I guess the message is that these mets are knowledgable, but I'm not sure that would make me a viewer. I might sample to check out the blonde girl, she's easy on the eyes. The dude with the glasses comes across like that geeky friend you try to avoid. And what's with promoting "The Weather Channel"? Do you want me to watch CBS 2 or TWC?

Anonymous said...

Not sure about the weather promos, but WBZ has a site for their "Curiosity" campaign: declareyourcuriosity.com