Monday, July 7, 2008

Brilliant Promo

REVISED: I've uploaded a slightly better version of the video

This is one of the best, most complex promos I've seen.

Shot from the eyes of Stanley Kubrick - the spot takes viewers on a tour of the set of "The Shining" in an amazing recreation done in one continuous shot.

Channel 4 has painstakingly recreated the set of Stanley Kubrick horror film The Shining, complete with look-a-likes of the crew and cast members including Shelley Duvall, for a TV ad to promote a More 4 season of the director's films.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks great! However I questions the effort. There is a lot like it out there and I am not sure it will stand out from the clutter. Is all that work worth the effort, to the viewer? I would guess they had fun putting this together and might just win an award, but I questions the viewer benefit.

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, the things you can do when you have money to burn. Great looking spot.

ALH said...

that was incredible, i really enjoyed it. thanks for posting! that's gotta be one of the coolest promos, i'm so glad the suits didn't kill it early on as so many creative things die that way.