Thursday, October 12, 2017

10 Years?!!!!! Thank You!!!

10 years ago today I started I/DO/PROMOZ.

It is hard to believe - but here we are!  I am older, greyer and balder... but still love this business!

It began as a way to meet people in the industry and hopefully further my career.

10 years later, I'm with the one of the best companies I've ever worked for(TEGNA) and I am lucky to know so many terrific promo pros out there!

I have contemplated for many months if I should give it up after 10 years. But I'm not quite ready to do that. I'm happy to hear from people who enjoy the blog -- and since there isn't something else quite like it(even after 10 years) -- I've decided to keep on going!

I follow a ton of stations on Youtube and Vimeo - yet always seem to find it difficult to find work to feature. I'll try and update more often!

Some of you send me spots - which is much appreciated! donsjr@hotmail.com is the address.
 
I've never made a dime off the site(never figured that part out... doh!) -- so feel free to send one of the 3 Cs.... cash, check or chotchkies!  I mean, hey, my kids have to eat/play with useless crap!  :)

Thank you to everyone who has supported the site over the years. I really enjoy sharing great work.

4 comments:

Brian said...

I'm tempted to hit "what the hell were they thinking?" just for the snark factor, but thanks for ten years of inspiration, discussion, and great spots Don!

Anonymous said...

Thank for all you do Don! We really appreciate it. This is a great resource for all us promo nerds.

Anonymous said...

Older, greyer and balder.
Join the club sir :)

--Shawn - KLEW Promotions

Drew Fowler said...

What the hell were you thinking?