Tuesday, October 16, 2007

One of my favorite spots

When creating spots, music can many times help dictate the creative. Give you ideas, inspire you to do something really cool.

This spot has one of the best jingles I've ever heard. We were singing it for months around the office. 615 Music did a fantastic job on this.

We hired a company, now called Zenfilms, to work with us on this spot. Ross Wells directed and edited. He's fantastic and did an incredible job.

The spot was nominated for an Emmy and won the Promax Gold Award for use of music.

I believe this campaign and KHOU's first rate work on the Superbowl/Houston coverage was a turning point for the station. We really began to show our talent as real people who were just as excited to have the Superbowl in Houston as they were. Manytimes anchors can be talking heads -- this gave us the opportunity to get from behind the desk and really show what we had... which was an incredible newsteam.

Check it out and let me know what you think. I apologize in advance if you begin humming this song afterwards... you have been warned.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So did you write the words to the jingle? And I like how AFC was rhymed with NFC. Clever.

But it's a cool jingle and cool spot.

zenfilm said...

One of my favorites too....it was a blast to make these promos with you. The Zen tribe sends you a big shout. Hope you are doing well. We have to catch up soon. Continued success!

Anonymous said...

Gosh, that was a great spot! Good times, good times. Seems like forever ago...I miss those days.

Love the new blog. Makes me long for the days in TV.