Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The Way Back Machine!

Today, I happened to hear our station's internet guru(a 20-something year old genius) mention a website. So I checked it out, as his leads are usually interesting.

The site? archive.org

If you've never heard of it - check it out. It's an archive of, I assume, every webpage ever. Some of my websites I checked out:

- my station's site: interesting to see the evolution of your station's web presence
- September 11: I went back to cnn.com and msnbc.com as well as drudgereport.com(which strangely didn't have an entry archived)

I'm sure there are tons of other good uses for this. The site doesn't have everything and seems to be a bit slow - but it's certainly interesting.

Any other cool ideas for using this site?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

archive.org also has a huge collection of Grateful Dead shows... 1000's of them. That's how I first heard about them. They also have a huge selection of public domain movies and some of them are broadcast quality... Someday I will find a use for one of those movies put use it for a promo...