Monday, January 14, 2008

Today Show: Here I (will not) Come!

Today was filled with drama courtesy of Today. Let me explain.

We have been working on doing promos with the Today Show. My boss and our senior producer were planning to go to NYC to shoot spots with our morning talent. But today it was decided that yours truly should go as well - as we were going to shoot a lot of stuff and could use the help.

"Wahoo! I'm going to New York!" I told my friends and relatives. I planned where I was going to go and what I was going to eat. (I used to live in Manhattan) We bought the airline ticket and then we got the call. "Oh, we can't have another person in the studio during the shoot" said NBC. DOH!

Soooooo... I'm staying home. So much for my free trip to NYC. So much for my street hotdogs. So much for my Times Square hookers.

Another time, I suppose.

As for the other morning promos I've been blogging about - it has been decided to steer clear of the personality driven spots and focus on the meat and potatoes. Which actually may turn out ok... but not near as clever and fun and interesting as I had previously planned. As soon as they are done - if I am not shamed by them - I'll share.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sucks about NYC! About your personality spots--I'm sick of meat and potatoes. I know what I'm going to get when I watch the news, but who's serving it up is who I'd like to know.

Anonymous said...

Shouldn't the direction of the campaign have been decided before you began the spot?

IDOPROMOZ said...

Yes, it was decided and then changed by the higher ups. That is the frustrating part of this business, anonymous.

But I think the spots are focused now and will be good. I'm still fighting for 2 that are "personality" driven - and if anything, I'll upload them for you guys to see and give feedback on.