Monday, March 3, 2008

Left or Right-Handed?

I am always surprised when I find another one like me. A lefty... a southpaw.

I mean, only 7 to 10 percent of the entire adult population is left handed!

But as I've learned, there are many of us in this world we call T-V. And I guess that makes sense. It is widely thought that a lefty is more creative.

Left-handed people are better at multi-tasking.

And sorry to report... the word sinister is Latin for left.

IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!! Maybe EVERYONE in TV is a lefty!

We're creative... multi-task like no one else... and there are more than a few sinister characters in my station.

Its actually fun when you run into another lefty in television. You feel like you share a bond. We look into each other's eyes and can see the pain of being forced to use lefty scissors as a child. We nod knowingly.

There are a lot of celebrity southpaws in history: Bill Clinton. Paul McCartney. Marilyn Monroe.

We are cooler than those right-handed people and we know it.

But sadly, its not all a bed of roses for us. Left handed people are supposedly more clumsy and as a result, die up to 9 years earlier than their right handed friends.

So in the end - it is not television that is sending us to an early grave - its the fact that we are freaks.

And I'm ok with that.

Are you a lefty or a righty? Vote in the online poll.

No comments: