Thursday, March 27, 2008

Where Are They??!

They've disappeared. Vanished... without a trace.

Sounds like the beginning of a sweeps promo... but it really is a question a lot of us have these days:

Where have all the jobs gone?

Sure - we all know, the economy sucks and layoffs are happening across America.

The Graeme Newell newsletter has been short on new job info for weeks.

I've talked to others, who like me, are searching for that next, great job opportunity.

And folks... we're a little worried. What happens when the current job ends and there isn't one on the other side?

We're fairly young TV professionals who have years and years of experience and know what they are doing.

Now I'm not worried about losing my job quite yet! and I happen to like where I'm at... but have other friends who are concerned and who could very well lose their jobs.

If any of you have advice or know of jobs on the down low... feel free to comment below or email me at donsjr@hotmail.com

I'd also like to hear of any other sources of job info besides Graeme. That information can help a lot of the people who come to this blog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a very frustrating time to be a job hunter. Like you, I too am happy where I am, but do keep an eye out for the next step.

Not only are open positions lacking, but many are either being cut or eliminated once someone leaves.

I've found several job listing sites in the past. Here are a few:

tvspy.com
tvjobs.com
tvandradiojobs.com
journalismjobs.com
iwantmedia.com
bigtvjoblist.com
entertainmentcareers.net
lostremote.com

Most of them want you subscribe to their list for a nominal fee. I haven't found many free listings outside of Graeme or TVSPY, and the pickings are slim.

Hope folks find these sites useful.

Anonymous said...

All I can say is, learn HTML, flash, CSS, and be prepared for a more web-centered world.