Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Interesting News Image Spots

These are a few years old - produced by my former station, KENS 5 in San Antonio(not by me, btw - these were done long after I'd gone). I think they are interesting and funny and hmmmm... not sure what else to say! They're a little goofy - but hey, they stand out! I'd never do these for my station - but for the market, these may have just worked.

Or they may have been a dismal failure... I can't decide.








Keep in mind the San Antonio market is largely Hispanic when watching this one:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice concept/campaign. I think it works for syndicated shows but not for news. I'm all for trying something different, but I think these fall short and diminishes your news department's credibility. Did you get any flak for the Hispanic talk show promo? It seems a bit stereotypical. Just my opinion. Thanks for having the guts to be critiqued by strangers.

IDOPROMOZ said...

Scooterbucs... I didn't produce these spots - they were done long after I'd gone.

Anonymous said...

Gotta say, I don't think they work. But they are incredibly well-executed for what they are. Usually, parody spots like this are so amateurish that they make you cringe. While the strategy behind these may be flawed, and the premises are a little predictable, you can tell the producer knows his/her way around a set and suite.

Anonymous said...

Sorry...I thought you produced them. I dig your blog and give you credit for putting stuff out there for others to see.

IDOPROMOZ said...

That's ok scooterbucs -- thanks for the compliments on the blog.

These aren't spots I'd ever be comfortable producing. I think the production values are A+ and knowing the market, they just may work there - but they're not my style of producing.

I like to do fun, interesting things and give them props for trying these.