Friday, August 22, 2008

Mystery Solved!

There has been some question as to how WHO ended up doing a spot that was exactly like WBNS. Well, my sources at WBNS tell me its all legit. For lack of a better term - the spot has been syndicated.

As I've said before - I have no problems with this. Coming up with great spots can be difficult and if you can find a proven concept, why not negotiate the rights to use it?

WNBS, not surprisingly, is willing to syndicate it to others as well. As mentioned before - the "Hello" campaign from Gari Communications has been syndicated for years.

I'm just glad to find a station like WHO who(ha!) did it right. They actually had the courtesy of calling and negotiating the use. Most stations would just steal it - and I think that's just wrong. We've all stolen a turn of phrase or visual idea -- but it seems that entire concepts are being stolen all the time. Bad, very bad.

No comments: