Wednesday, November 7, 2007

I love Videohelper

How many of you use Videohelper for your promos? There is a survey to the right...

I have loved that library ever since I received a demo reel with such song titles as "What the funk?" and "Shot in the head"...

Their titles and descriptions can many times be hilarious - but most importantly, the music is perfect for promos!!!

For those of you who are not using it - their website is second to none. You can search for whatever you could possibly imagine and it'll find something! The search engine has a way of knowing what you're looking for. You can also download the song right into your avid - making those silly CDs obsolete.

the website is playvideohelper.com in case you didn't know.

Does anyone have any other great music packages they would recommend?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Also, "Beat Elmo Senseless."

I use it. I love it. Their descriptions are not only hilarious, they're also useful. See if they'll send you the library on a hard drive. It uses the same search engine as the website, and imports almost instantly into your NLE.

I just got an email that they're raising their rates in 08. How much? I'm used to a little increase every time I've re-upped with them, but their email makes me wonder if I'm gonna have a choice to make next time, and if anything out there compares.

IDOPROMOZ said...

Hmmm, I hope they don't price themselves out of business. You'll have to let us all know what you find out.

I'd hate to have to look for something else.

Anonymous said...

I've actually found videohelper rather limited - not in quality, but in quantity and variety - as compared to say, Killer Tracks. Are there really only 50 or so CDs in their library? - including on-line tracks? In the short-time I've used them - since Jan '07 - I've pretty much run through all the best stuff....